I know what you're thinking... Why on earth would anyone want to dye tissue paper? Well there are a couple of good reasons, one might want to.
- You need a specific color and can't find that color in stores.
- You only have white, and don't want to spend the money on purchasing more.
- You have a lot of RIT dye, and lot of white tissue paper.
So this is what you will need
- RIT Dye (its the cheapest and comes in a lot of colors, plus it comes in liquid) I used Petal Pink
2. A spray bottle ( you can get them at the dollor store)
3. White tissue paper
Fill your sprayer with 1 cup of hot water to one cap full of RIT Dye. I filled up my whole bottle. Using 24 ounces and 3 caps full. Unless your're only planning on doing 20 or less sheets, I say fill the whole bottle up.
I have a roll of white tissue paper, so I rolled it all out long sections at a time, and began spraying away.
It's kind of hard to tell by the pictures. But as it soaks into the paper it becomes a beautiful pink color. Best of all it tends to collect in certain spots, and dries pinker in that spot. It sort of looks tie dyed, which you would think would look strange. But it actually looks really pretty.
It took a little while but then again I made probably 160 sheets (by the time I cut them).
My back was getting a little tired from bending over to spray it. But the good news is I think I may have killed some ants. If I didn't then they are really pink now, lol.
Here is the outcome when it dries. As you can see, it will dry wrinkled, but I like it that way.
Stay tuned tomorrow! I will show the project I am working on, hence why I wanted the tissue paper pink.
Thanks for tuning in, and I'll see you guys tomorrow!
Click here,to see project I used the pink tissue paper on.